proud new daddy. He's obsessed
First time Grandpa and Grandma's
First Family Photo. We couldnt stop staring.
Think they were excited????? They only waited outside my delivery door the whole time I was pushing. (I get my virtue of patience from my mother;))
Fresh from Heaven
Tiffany spoiled us. Best Banner Employee ever
three generation photo
January 10th was my scheduled 40 week appointment. Still no baby. The doctor checked me, I was progressed a little more to a three and 100% effaced.
He handed Huston and I our induction paperwork for Tuesday the 15th if still no baby, and then asked if he could take my blood pressure one more time. Apparently my reading was a little high for his liking.
Well.. it was high again. So off to Labor and Delivery we went. I was admitted only for blood pressure testing at about 7:30pm and I still was not getting any normal readings, so they called the doctor and he said ok, lets just induce labor then.
The nurses came in and told us we were not leaving without a baby.
I was starving. Asked for food and was DENIED, due to the fact I would be starting Pitocin. If you are ever induced for labor, do yourself a favor and EAT first.
Side note, I had my husband sneak my Mcdonald's but the nurses saw it and stressed the importance of starving me so my husband sat and ate my fries right in front of me. and i will never let him forget it.
I was started on Magnesium Sulfate, because apparently blood pressure that is high can make you seizure and mag would help prevent that. (Little did I know it was seriously the worst possible drug ever. I was so lethargic and swollen my entire labor, and couldn't control my body temp thanks to that stuff.)
Huston left to pack our bag, yep had a feeling i needed to do that, that day but it just didn't get done. Then he and my dad came back to give me a blessing.
They kicked my parents out of Triage, until I was in labor and delivery, but they also said that I should have no visitors because I needed to be as relaxed as possible so my blood pressure would go down.
At about 10pm I was in a nice large labor and delivery room. Doc came in and broke my water, I was started on Pitocin and from then on it progressed pretty quickly. I asked for my epidural at around midnight and when i was dialated to about a five. Once i had the epidural Huston and I both slept.
EPIDURALS are amazing. I couldnt have done it without one. I went from being in like 10 out of 10 pain to 0.
We woke up that morning on the nurses shift change. Turns out during the night my nurse decided that I would progress naturally so she took me off pitocin. So that morning when I was checked, and there was NO progress... We were all a little distraught.
At this point my parents, sister, mother and sister in law, Hawaiian friend Ben Erbe, best friend Kacee, and good friend Tiffany Kleman who worked at the hospital were all in my room chatting as I was resting and trying not to cry that I had made NO progress in over 7 hours. Yep.. I was only dilated to a 5 for almost 12 hours of my labor. No progress.
At around 5 pm my blood pressure peaked, Husband kicked everyone out of my room although I was really enjoying the foot rub Ben was giving me (sounds weird because he is not my husband, but he has alot of massage experience, and really helped my swelling go down) (Thats a good friend right there)
I was finally dilated to a 10. Doc came in, but baby was no where close to coming "down" the canal. I cried. Not because of pain, but because it was starting to be a joke. I was ready to have my baby. Therefore no pushing yet...yep my baby took her merry little time... Lazy little hawaiian....so... Back to sleep I went for about 2 hours and then when I was checked again... It was time to push.
Pushed for an hour and 10 minutes and baby was born at 8:40pm on January 11th. 25 hours later....I was finally given my precious child.
Then.. all i wanted was food. Downed a big mac and fries and a milk shake, and a pop tart, and wheat thin crackers. I was full for all of an hour... then when I was moved to postpartum, my husband ran to the cafeteria and got me pizza. Haha. 25 hours is a long time people. and HARD work.
My baby is perfect. Literally.
I hate ALL of these photos with me in them... I am just not THAT mom with make-up on and looks like I pushed a baby out after only 20 minutes. Sorry, but they are the only memories I have of this moment.
And I would do it again 10 more times.
Funny how the Lord works. He definitely turns something UGLY such as vaginal child birth, into something so beautiful.

She is precious! Congratulations. And as for the pictures, be so grateful for them. I do not have any with my first, and I wish I did. You went though some hard work and you are a beautiful mom. Children are the best, and savor these first few months with her, because they go by so quickly.
ReplyDeleteSo precious! I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! To me you are beautiful for what you just accomplished! So excited for you and Huston. It is so new and hard raising a child for the first time, but ask your doctor questions and pray for help. Congrats... how blessed Maylie is to have you as parents!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cutie!
ReplyDelete