Dec. 15th Graduation. Best day ever. That feeling of no more homework and being finished with school. We were on cloud 9 all day long. Dad and Shelly came to spend the special day with us, and we had a blast hosting them, although im sure it was not as fun for them helping us get moved and ready to leave the island for GOOD. I don't think its hit us yet, that our ticket was only 1 WAY.
Dec. 16th. We boarded a plane to Arizona and moved out of our little love nest. It was such a bittersweet, but mostly bitter day. I cried pretty much all day. This whole moving and dealing with so much change thing at 9 months pregnant was not my idea I promise. The plane ride sucked. My legs got soo swollen and I had to lay down. But alas, we arrived and are residing in the wonderful paradise desert of Arizona.
Dec. 18th. First doctor's appointment with the new doctor in Arizona. I was measuring larger that usual, and dilated to a ONE and effaced 80% already so he moved my due day up a week to January 13th.
YIKES! Anyday now.. is what we are hoping. Im so DONE being pregnant. Reasons being: Im extremely emotional. I cry mostly ALL the time. Im getting heavier by the second, and its hard to maneuver my body around, and I get super sore.
Christmas: The Holiday was wonderful. We did the traditional Christmas Eve thing with the Farnsworth side, which is a big party and white elephant exchange, then we came to my parents house where we go to the Temple to see the lights, get hot cocoa, and open our PJ's. Santa was really good to us. He brought me my Gliding rocking chair, which is the only thing I was asking for, for the baby, and Huston got some man tools since we are now in a more permanent situation.
Christmas morning we enjoyed time with both sides of the family, but mostly slept and ate food all day long. We also skyped with both brothers. :) James who will be home in 3 weeks and Jenson who is coming up on his year mark.
Lakeside: After Christmas we went to Lakeside for a few days. It was wonderful and FREEZING! It snowed and we played and relaxed. I love it up there so much. Way too many memories. We spend most of our time with my cousin's Danny and Marleah, it was great to hang out again with them.
New Years: Traditional dinner with the Rainey's (my parents) and then traditional polar swim at Uncle Ray's house. I opted out this year, although I shouldn't have, it probably would have helped speed up my labor.
How we have been staying busy: Mostly shopping and spending tons of time EATING and SLEEPING and being with our families.
Disclaimer: Huston has not started a job hunt yet. We both wanted an ACTUAL break for a little while. He will begin doing so as soon as I begin my internship Jan. 8th, which is vastly approaching.
We also have kind of been waiting for baby to make her arrival.
Im sorry if any of you feel ignored. We also have decided that for at least these first two/three weeks we would dedicate our time only to our families while they all off work. Its simple, we are not going anywhere!!!!!!!!! This year, our ticket was only ONE way, and we just needed a little time to adjust.
I also have more photo's to post, I just have to upload them to my computer :)








That is always a great day when the doctor moves up your due date. I have never been that lucky. Yes that is a very short time away...I'm getting so excited for you. I'm so glad that you've got to spend time together and with family especially after just getting home. Best wishes, your going go be great parents!!!
ReplyDeleteso happy for you guys in every way! college degrees? baby on the way? new adventures? so exciting! can't wait to see that sute little baby girl of yours!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update! What a crazy month it has been for you guys. Congrats on little Maylie! Glad everything went well. Can't wait to meet her someday!
ReplyDelete