Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Labor Day

IFor Labor Day we went to lakeside! Where I enjoyed majority of my childhood doing anything and everything not very girly. What can I say? Dirt is the best. 

Anywho... It was a much needed and wonderful getaway into 20 degree or so cooler weather. 

Huston put up a swing set with Danny on Saturday 
It took all day and he wasn't thrilled but that night we went to dinner and a ride on the mountain. We saw dear and enjoyed the smell of pine 


Maylie enjoyed ample cousins to play with. Namely Kannon and brooklee and brinley
The flowers were in serious bloom 
We took maylie crawdad fishing. My favorite pastime. She loved it. 
Maylie would scream "ride" if she heard anyone going on the ranger without her. It's also a good nap buddy for restless mountain babies 
Yes that's maylies car seat in the ranger. 

My childhood came to life with a Dutch oven family cookout. I cried a lot because I missed my Gillespie grandparents. I vividly remember eating biscuit dough while "helping" grandpa cook them. 
Best food around! 

We finished the weekend with a ranger ride through town and lunch with my parents! Then a boat ride on the lake with our wonderful lakeside neighbors. 

We had such a wonderful weekend surrounded by family Such a nice change of pace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment