Tuesday, July 31, 2012

18 years



18 years ago today... Heavenly Father deemed my older brother a celestial child and off he went to live with Heavenly Father again.

That day was hard to understand.. because I was only 5. But I have never forgotten the absence I felt in our family. My brother who I used to tease, and tear every toy out of his bedroom, was suddenly not there anymore.

Today, every year on this day..... I will never forget my Big Brother.... Braiden Ford Rainey.

When I think of him, I think of the missionary angel he is, and the Lord's errands that he is doing. I think about how he is getting as much time with his niece or nephew before it makes it earthly debut. I can see him with his own eternal family. A father, and a husband.

He is the BEST big brother.

I miss and love him dearly and can't wait to be reunited with him in Heaven one day.

My little brother sent this email from the DR this morning. Made the whole family cry....

hey i decided to do another email to just the the family.

tomorrow is 18 years for braiden and although i really didnt get to know
him it has been a pleasure to wear the plaque elder rainey for him and me
i am so excited to meet him on the other side one day and give him a hug
for the years i have spent without him and for the strength he has given me
when i needed it most.

remember him tomorrow reflect enjoy

elder rainey!


No comments:

Post a Comment