I have set some goals lately.
I recently read a post from a friend in England. She discussed finding your "Groove" as a mother. You can read the post ....Here.....
I would be lying if i said I was not jealous of her discovery and feelings of joy she has found in her motherhood journey, not saying I don't feel joy, because somedays thats all I feel, but meaning the alleviation of her stresses in falling short as a mother... None the less it inspired myself to take my problems to the Lord and ask him to help me set some goals so that I will not be so hard on myself.
I have felt like I fall short in many categories of being Maylie's mom. She's SUCH AN EASY GOING baby that I worry sometimes I don't do enough FOR HER, because she is SO good at letting Huston and I do our thing, and she basically conforms to our schedule. I worry sometimes her needs are not met. I worry sometimes she sees and watches other mothers and wander's why her mother is not that way... I worry I am not enough. I worry she will fall short of her own potential because I am her mother and didn't teach her....
That being said, here are my goals:
-During Maylie's morning nap will be "ME" time. She always goes down around 9am and sleeps till 11 or 12. This will be my time to do WHATEVER I WANT. Coupon, blog, go back to sleep, shower, clean, etc. This way, I am not doing this at a time where she is awake and needs my attention.
-Coupon and save our little family $$- I dont want to go crazy. I will opt for being a basic couponer
-Meal plan and start cooking and being a wife again
-Make Huston's lunch
- Exercise
-develop a ROUTINE. I tend to be overly easy going. I am not a PLANNER, however I have the desire to be one, so it is my goal to develop a routine and better habits.
**I have tendency to make alot of goals at once and then fail. So we will keep it small and simple. A lot of change is coming our little families way, therefore there is a lot of time for me to work on these goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment