Tuesday, August 5, 2014

that once place, across the ocean.

We often find ourselves daydreaming about this place. Why did we ever leave????
It doesn't seem real to us anymore that we even lived there. Was that a figment of our imaginations? This was our first home together, this is where our love grew, this is where our first child was made, this is where we had our first married fight, and still had to live in the same house together....

Why does it seem so distant?

I hope this place doesn't become a dream. It WAS real. I left a huge piece of my heart there.















i miss the sand in my toes. no make up ever look. cookouts on the beach. friends who become family. people who would give the shirt off their back, humble humble people. roosters, EVERYWHERE. Rain ALL the time. I miss our youth. We were stressed and tired, but a different kind of stress and different kind of tired then. I miss surf competitions. Shaved Ice. Coconut shrimp. Yummy fresh fish. Crab hunts. camping on the beach. snorkeling.

Someday we will go back, but it will be different. Someday I will dig out the time capsule we filled with meaningful trinkets and buried on a beach.

Hawaii is now a Someday.... that i took for serious granted.




No comments:

Post a Comment