Monday, March 8, 2010

Good Fortune


( i couldnt resist the picture. cracked me up)
Today... I Missed......
-my family..ALOT. in fact i think i had tears in my eyes during skype when i had to say bye.
my in laws...every last one of them.
job security.
volleyball.
school. yes i actually missed being a student.
good friends. not that we dont have them here.
HOME.
Arizona.
Snow. well kind of.
my siblings
-i missed the days when i was NOT on birth control. and not some kind of hormonal freak
Bessie. my bike. i miss her
-my husband who i havent seen for more than five minutes today
sign language.
-Isabella Mileti. and her ability to make me laugh. HARD. and make my heart melt.
i missed having an oven today too.
my pre-school class. and Ms. Cindy
Houston Elementary.
my cousins. and my aunt shawn. random i know! but i miss her.
lakeside.
-writing missionaries. i dont anymore. and i should. at least my cousin Danny.
-the running raggged of my childhood. quads, mudd, fish, guns, horses..etc.
Braiden. my heavenly brother.
Jean Gillespie..i miss her alot.
-i like peeps. but i miss my Grandpa Duck bringing them to me.


.....can you tell i had alot of TIME on my hands today?......The list could go on forever...

i realize that i miss these things,. but i dont miss them because i am less fortunate now. actually ... i am just as fortunate! and HAPPY!


See....:) ill tell you.
-I have a happy husband who spreads the joy even when he is too busy to think.
we are living in hawaii.
love the beach. and nice weather.year round.
Olivia and Kaitlyn.
great education oppurtunity.
amazing start to our marraige
best relationship growth
grocery shopping 40 min away.
my husband makes me smile. almost always.
the beach is pretty much our front yard.
we didnt get hit by the Tsunami.
TVA-cheaper housing.
Acai bowls. shaved ice. and mochi's
-not having an oven means eating the cookie dough instead.
learning the different cultures.
having great sunday dinners and game nights.
love our bed in our kitchen. we are going to miss that.
Laie 4th ward-substituting primary and nursery
the temple.within walking distance.(Soon to be opened)
-listening to the elephants upstairs when we just fell asleep!
snorkeling adventures with turtles.
nice tans.
big waves, and boogie boarding, and body surfing.
did i mention we have each other?:) thats the best part!

-the end!





4 comments:

  1. It is MARCH and there is a snowstorm outside in Flagstaff...trust me...you don't miss that! hahah! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kilie,

    I know it is hard (we move away EVERY summer and now we are going to be gone for like 2 years for my husbands work) The first time we did I was so sad every day because I missed out families... But seriously now that I look back, I wouldn't trade those times for anything. It gave us a chance to grow together and become closer... There is something about not having family around that really helps a relationship... You only have eachother to go to. Now I look forward to going away.. I still miss our families, but I enjoy having him all to myself! :)

    I love Hawaii, it is such an amazing place!

    P.s. are you invited to my blog???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arizona misses you guys too;-) And Ilove the new blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look girlie, sure makes me wanna join you in your HSM {High School Musica, if you didn't know} jump in your picture! hahaha.

    Arizona misses you guys and all of your family as well, but you are blessed! Glad you can look at the positive even though it can be so hard. Now you just have to get everyone to come visit you.

    Oh and so did you guys get into the student housing then?! I never heard!!

    ReplyDelete