Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Home...sick

I should not by ANY means be Home sick right now.

Hustons grandparents have visited us, his cousins, my parents, his other cousin, his mission companion, and his family, all within a couple weeks of each other.

I have seen just about everyone in the last 2-3 months. Why the heck am I feeling homesick?

Maybe that is exactly why...?? I don't know.

But lately... Everything about Arizona is appealing to me.

I can't wait to be close to our families again. I can't wait to go on camping trips with friends. I can't wait to have a puppy. I can't wait to buy a house. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us. I can't wait to see everyone interact with our newborn child. I can't wait to get mani pedi's with my mom and sister again. I can't wait to have lunch dates with friends and catch up on life over the past three years. I can't wait to watch my sister grow up, and go to high school dances. I can't wait until my brother in law comes home from his mission. I even can't wait until we have AC again, and experience our first Arizona summer together. I miss Lakeside. I miss fishing trips with my mom and cousins. I miss my crazy aunt. I miss my in-laws crazy family game sunday's. I miss my cousins two kids. I miss my cousins who are my sisters. I just miss it all. Haha.

Maybe its the fact that we are going to have this baby.

Because before we knew we were pregnant, I was starting to whine ALOT to Huston about having to move back. I just couldn't even imagine leaving this island. I begged him to consider finding a job here or to let me pursue my master's program here. Which we would of loved... We mostly just were not ready to grow up yet. and leaving this unique island and the amazing place where we live on campus would mean having to "grow-up."

Now that we are having a baby.(the exact definition of growing up, its kind of inevitable).... I am not even motivated to finish my classes. haha I want any excuse to go home now. I tell Huston every night "I want to go live with my mommy. Im homesick." hahaha
I know when all is said and done and we are packing to leave this island, we are going to miss it.
Everything about it... We have LOVED every second of being here.

We are just ready to move on. and get settled. All this "unknown" jazz where we have to figure out where to live, what job to get, when to start selling our stuff, whats actually going to happen with the baby..will it be born here or in Arizona? Can i really fly home 8 months prego? Will I get to walk at my graduation 8 months pregnant?

Its kind of scary stuff to think about. We are .... growing up. its about time I guess.... haha


No comments:

Post a Comment