Tonight a friend of mine invited me to attend her wards wednesday night mutual. She serves in the Young Women's in her ward and we had a great time.
There is literally only about 4 girls in the program because its a student ward, but it was really fun. It brought back so many memories and reminded me what a crucial age that was in my life and how important it is for these girls to stay strong. It made me grateful for my amazing leaders and friends who helped me through such a awkward time in my life.
Tonight we did a fashion show out of just random pieces of scrap material and the outfit had to fit church standards. It was pretty fun to see how creative the girls got. At first i just wanted to watch and not participate because i was kind of tired, but i knew that if i did not engage it would send the girls the wrong message. I was just being shy too because i did not know the girls very well, but I ended up getting partnered up with a sweet sister and having a good time. I participated and enjoyed getting to know these girls fragile spirits.
I cant wait to serve in Young Women's someday. Hopefully i get the opportunity!
umm its the best. i love my girls.
ReplyDelete