Friday, September 16, 2011

what is the point?

Whoever invented the textbook industry is probably really rich and a walking genius. But i just do not get the point. Education is EXPENSIVE in the first place, why must we "indulge" by also purchasing 10 textbooks at $100-$200 each.( i may be exaggerating that) but its expensive. Ever heard of one or the other people? If school is expensive in the first place, then why not have textbooks be cheap to help out the students!? Or if textbooks were expensive then why not give a little on the schooling part!? (im not complaining because i myself, am attending a very cheap school, and by God's loving hand and blessings our eduction is all payed for by grants.) however... if that blessing did not exist i would be SH** outta luck, and uneducated.


I know there are many other options like renting textbooks, but what good does that do me? I do not want to pay 1/2 the price to rent the book for 100 days. If im going to be spending any money im going to want OWNERSHIP.

Anyways that is my little rant today because i went to the bookstore to buy a book which was labeled the same price as the online label, however .. the book rang up to be $30 more dollars than labeled. Apparently it was too good to be true. Online shopping here i come. I just hope I find a place that will ship decently priced to Hawaii.


Is it too much to ask??? haha

Oh and one more thing.. the husband has a crappy work schedule this term. I am by all means very grateful for his job because it pays our rent, but so far he has never had to work a crappy shift until this semester. I guess a whole year with a perfect schedule had to catch up with him sooner of later. Im just complaining because we are avid date nighters...and it does not look like date night is happening Friday or Saturday night this weekend. Looks like ill be hanging with him in the office, or alone in my bed watchin a movie. Awesome! TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment