The doctor doubled my zofran(nausea meds) dosage to see how I do. So far, its more manageable however I still get really carsick. I broke down and cried yesterday to my husband because I just want to have a normal day and eat normal things again. I know the day will come soon, its just been hard to feel sick 24/7 (These were my first real pregnancy tears, because movies don't count. Suddenly I cry during every movie I watch)
I have lost 9 pounds and people are starting to tell me I look good because its noticeable. I laugh and joke to myself... yep best diet ever. Puke everything you eat. :) Get pregnant!
Last night I had a dream that we had a boy. Huston was so happy to hear that because I finally convinced him my mommy intuition says we are having a girl. haha But he will be so happy to know whatever it is, I promise.
I don't have much of a belly yet, but I feel like I do. Its funny how your body changes.
My husband is seriously the most amazing Gem. Could not do this without him. He is always so concerned and asking me what he can do for me and our little one. He is willing to bring me anything I ask for without complaint and always asking if he can do more. He has also been cleaning our house most days which i really appreciate. He has recently decided he likes to talk to my tummy. I still feel a little weird about it because I am not showing yet, but its cute. He is so excited to be a dad.
When my sister was here, she made us feel like we were ready to tackle this step of life. As we were talking about baby in a car ride she said... "You wanna know something, Im very jealous of my little niece or nephew. I wish you guys were my parents.( No offense to mom and dad, she was just giving us a compliment) You are going to be so fun to get to watch be parents." What a nice compliment coming from my little sister. It put the biggest smile on our faces and just made us feel so ready.
I watched "a baby story" on TV the other day, and I cried when they handed the mom her screaming slimy baby. It was my first real "Im excited for that" moment. I also held another friends newborn who is only about 6 weeks old. She was so precious and cute and had such an amazing spirit about her. It made me feel so excited.
I guess what I'm trying to get at is, aside from sickness, I have some glimpses of excitement for this precious spirit to join our family. Especially when the grandparents and people around us are so excited too.
Now...What i have learned about pregnancy thus far, that no one ever tells you:
-Time has seemed to slow way down(Everyone else's pregnancy goes by so fast to me)
-No ORANGE JUICE. it hurts coming up. (Even though I was SO excited to drink it, and it really helped me feel better....it came up later)
- After finally experiencing real pregnancy, I realize that after 17 months of questioning being just a couple days late(period)... I was NEVER pregnant. Real pregnancy signs are so different than what I thought could be a "sign" of pregnancy
-Its ok to sleep. Nap when you can, and go to bed at night. Im way more tired than I ever thought I would be
-No more car rides. It always ends in disaster. Baby doesn't like trips to North Shore. Turtle Bay is the limit( learned that when my parents were here, didnt listen and yesterday was awful)
-eat as often as you can. don't wait too long to eat
- Huston is going to have to grocery shop or we are going to have to start going to Foodland every night or every couple of days. It makes me sick to look at all the food. and smell it
-I do not wish the enhanced sense of smell upon anybody. I have never been able to smell like I do now. and I HATE IT. I can smell EVERY little thing. Body odor, shoes(that don't even smell that bad), food, farts, burps, our trash when its not even full, or dishes, the fish food, the fish bowl.. ...pretty much anything.
-Cant eat near as much as I used to. Gotta take it in strides and eat slow.
-There is never a reason or cause as to why I throw up, which i always try to figure out. Its simply just because Im pregnant.
Your pregnancy sounds like mine with bristol... Miserable. I feel the same way about having enhanced smells, magic thing is the day of delivery I consciously thought about all my pregnancy symptoms and they all were gone. Even my poor vision left that day! If I didn't love bristol so much and we didn't make such adorable children, we might adopt! No joke the 9 months of pregnancy is tough on our marriage.
ReplyDeleteIt gets better, it really does. Hang in there :)
ReplyDelete