Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mainland vs. Island

 V/s.


Just a little Compare/Contrast list that i thought about while in the HOME town.

Mainland:

-Getting ready again is great. My hair stays straight, and i can keep it down for more than 3 seconds
-I can put make-up on and it stays on
-Welcome dry-skin again
-Allergies ( no fun!) haven't had those in over a year
- LOVE the road's on a GRID
-IT IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE HOME (familiar ground)
-cheap milk, and produce, along with many other things that are CHEAP
-shopping within about 5 minutes of anywhere
-busy lifestyle, (everything is fast)
-everything is BROWN ..pretty Ugly
-Bi-polar weather (havent had to deal with that either)
-Family lives HERE!
-Hundred degree summers

Island:

-Beach
-Lovely weather YEAR ROUND- yes ALL YEAR LONG
-currently we pay $4.80 for a gallon of MILK
-no family
-Beautiful GREEN scenery
-Beach Camp fires (weekend remedy)
-unique place to live (including our married housing apartments)
-Ocean activities
-Aloha spirit actually exists (slow, laid back) atmosphere
-great education oppurtunities
-rice with every meal

** So what if my mainland list is longer...haha

-The last few posts make it sound like i hate living on the "ROCK"..I will clarify that. I dont! I will miss it when we have to leave for sure, but until then, i really miss HOME-

1 comment:

  1. not ALL the roads on the mainland are on a grid...it must be a west coast thing because the roads in virginia SUCK!!! soooooo confusing! Glad you had fun at home =)

    ReplyDelete