Friday, September 16, 2011

Intercultural Peacebuilding



There is a certification available to us at this university and basically it is mediation. Kind of like when you were in Elementary school and there was a "Peer Mediation" program. Probably not exactly the same, but you get the point.

Its good material. I have attended one workshop and become pretty interested. I will probably be adding this certification to my education in the near future and I am really excited about it. The program goes hand in hand with my major and it will look great on a resume and is very worthy of time.

Now all i have to find out is if it will extend our stay in Hawaii. I do not think it will, however i would like to know if i could weasel it into my courses in order to finish by December 2012 because we have been set on that graduation date forever, and Im pretty sure i am ready to be done.

I guess I am just getting excited because my classes are finally my major and I am learning more about what i am going to be doing the rest of my life aside from being mommy. The more i learn, the more I am so grateful I was lead in this direction. I am supposed to be a Social Worker. (Im still pretty interested in being a teacher as well, but someday I could possibly get certification for that as well if I decide its needed)

1 comment:

  1. DO IT!! I wish I could have. A lot of people in my major did it, and if I would have known about it before 2 semester before graduating, I would have done it too. It seems quite intimidating at first, but I think it's really great knowledge and experience to have! It would look good on a resume too. Brother Ford who does that is an awesome teacher too.

    ReplyDelete