Monday, October 1, 2012

storytime..down memory lane

First weekend of October 2006 ...











some funny guy left a message on my phone asking me to call him back.

so ...I did.

that funny guy asked me on a date. a real date. the kind where he gave me a time he would pick me up, told me what kind of clothes/shoes to wear. an actual planned gentleman like date. don't find many of those now days.

that same funny guy actually picked me up on time and met my father before taking me out. He asked my father if it was ok for me to shoot a gun, and if my dad was comfortable with us going shooting for our date.
My smart aleck father told "said" funny guy, "At your own risk, but i don't mind if you don't." trying to hoard off my date by exaggerating my lame shooting skills. (ok maybe he was not exaggerating)

And we were off on our first date... little did we know the connection that would form. It was literally like I had known the boy for years. I was not nervous, i was myself, i laughed, I ate a whole plate of pasta for dinner plus dessert, I wore a cute outifit with tennis shoes (not cool) ...and he still LIKED me.

that funny boy..almost instantly..became my best friend. later turned into my boyfriend. Escorted me to my senior prom, "helped me with homework on weeknights," made me laugh harder than anyone had ever before, continued to open my doors when he would take me out (he still does this), held my hand, heard me cry, served a mission, wrote me letters...and then HE MARRIED ME. yep my friends, that very funny boy took me to the temple.

I still cant figure out why I got so lucky...But i am so grateful this funny boy asked me out on a date ...6 years ago.

Man time flies. It really does seem like just yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment