Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tis the Season

Ok seriously.... We are like two 5 year old little kids.

Last night we didn't fall asleep until almost 2am because it felt like Christmas Eve. Ha. We were pretending like Santa was going to come too, and we were so excited all night!  I know... cheesy... but our house just felt so Christmasy and it was cold and we had a wonderful date night, playing Christmas themed games and watching Home Alone 2.

I also made my first batch of Puppy Chow. My favorite Christmas treat!!
It's super easy. Try it

Puppy Chow


9 cups Chex Mix
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
(in a bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes)

Stir the ingredients in a bowl till nicely mixed after melted

Pour chocolate peanut butter mix over chex mix until all are covered. If you like a lot of chocolate, you might want to add a little more chocolate chips and peanut butter. This recipe was a little bit scarce for nine cups of chex.

but then you put the chocolate chex into gallon sized bags and add 1 cup powdered sugar to each bag and shake it up.

then you are left with bliss. I have loved puppy chow since I was a little kid. My old babysitter Norma used to make it all the time.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had Puppy Chow in years! Guess it's time to have it again :)

    ReplyDelete