My friend... not to be named.. said that since I am no longer working... I would probably lose my blogging touch because (shhhhh) I used to blog while I was at work. Well.. Ill show her!
This blog is our journal. I have been 110% better at doing it this year than last year. I know that sometimes I post way too many in one day, but thats how it works for me. I keep track usually about posts I want to post and then when I finally get around to it... WHAM.
Anywho...
The best part about the Holidays are .... Dun Dun Dun....
Traditions!!!
Our little family has a few we started. They are little but.. FUN! We are still "newlyweds" and this is only our 3rd Christmas married. (2nd Year, but 3rd Christmas)
Of course our families of both sides have traditions of their own as well. But as far as Huston and Kilie Go... here are some so far...
-Christmas at our house (like many of you) begins November 25th. The day after Thanksgiving. Christmas music is "allowed" and decorations get put up.
-Last year I was obsessed with Christmas cookies. Its fun!! what can I say. My mom bought me a small bucket full of cookie cutters last year that I plan to use full force this year. Huston enjoys this tradition, sometimes by helping and sometimes by eating!
-Gingerbread houses
-Homemade decor of some kind for the house. Last year it was our snowflakes, and this year its my beautiful door wreath
-movies, movies, movies. I love to watch the Christmas movies. Elf in particular. Pretty much the last week before Christmas I beg to watch it every night knowing the movie will get tucked away for another year.
** Something sad to note...this is our very last Christmas on the island- Well, we are never actually on the island for Christmas anyways, but this will be our last December out here worth noting. Im taking full advantage of that. We celebrated by getting a REAL tree this year!
What are some of your traditions??? We would like to continue starting some....
No comments:
Post a Comment