With me finally looking what people consider "really" pregnant, they feel the need to always comment or give their two cents.
So far in two weeks I have heard and seen a few things that made me go hmm...( I will continue to add to this post the more i hear from people) to me its pretty entertaining.
1. from a girl in one of my classes-
"Is your pregnancy getting harder?"
Me: Kind of, the more weight that gathers in my tummy the more sore I get, and harder it is to sleep. etc... Why?
said "Girl" - Ya I can tell, because I can hear you breathing harder in the back of class!
Me: I just chuckle, and say Oh really? Thanks.
my personal feelings: I opted not to let it hurt my feelings but i walked out of class laughing thinking who says that to a pregnant woman?
2. In Forever21 I recently saw an add for a maternity line, one very cheap and cute. So i asked the worker at the counter if they had any of the new maternity line in the store.
Worker's response: well what kind of clothes are you looking for? ( didnt I just clarify that with the word MATERNITY?)
Me: You know, the kind of clothes that would fit over a baby, showing him my rapidly growing belly.
Worker: Ohhhh.... Try plus SIZES.
again with my personal feelings: Plus sizes??? Them's are fighting words. Granted, I am not bashing on anyone who wears plus size clothing at all. I am just simply stating that a pregnant woman in a very fragile and hormonal state of mind, never wants to hear she is "Plus size looking" Especially when her whole life she has been nothing but a size 8-11.
My husband didn't seem to understand my frustration when i vented because to his understanding I AM PREGNANT haha.
But a very smart person stated, Maternity clothing is normal size clothes, except for the belly. Its made to conform to the belly. But plus size clothing is just all around larger in general. I concur with that statement.
3. We were out in public alot last week with family in town and showing them around the island. I have never had so many strangers, literally strangers... TOUCH MY BELLY. If you are my friend or acquaintance, great, have at it... but strangers? At least they were kind enough to tell me "You look great!" or "You are glowing"
4. Random strangers also feel the need to complain about their own kids when they see someone pregnant. As if they are warning me or something. I had at least 5 people in grocery stores, at the beach, in the mall say to me, " Don't worry, someday they will be hellions like my kid and never listen to you!" "Is that what you really want?" My response is always a giggle.
If you didnt want kids, dont have them. The darndest things come out people's mouths. We prayed and tried to have this child for in what our heads was a very long time, we are going to love her...Hellion or not.
5. My sweet husband made a funny comment the other night.
H: Honey, Ive been thinking alot lately, and with your tilted uterous... I think its going to skew the gender of all of our babies. Thats why we are having a girl. Think about this? The male sperms swim the fastest, but they also die faster so they wont make it. But these pretty girl sperms, are slow and steady who win the race. how is one of my male sperms ever going to get inside your tilted uterous???
Me: Laughing my head off. Its probably true, but sorry you married a wife with a tilted uterous?
H: Its ok, Ive just come to the conclusion that its a possibility we are going to have all girls. I just hope the Lord blesses me with at least one son.
6. Some lady made me CRY literally. She asked when I was due, after telling her January her reaction was quite rude.
something along the lines of " OH MY GOODNESS, you still have quite sometime. Are you sure there is only ONE baby in there??"
Im sorry lady, when the hell did it become ok to tell a pregnant lady she is fatter than she already feels??????????
haha! wow, the nerve of people! You've had to deal with some "interesting" situations! :) I still can't believe strangers touching your belly...who does that?!?
ReplyDeletePeople that make negative comments about raising children drive me crazy!!! It's like everyone does it! Of course motherhood isn't perfect, but it is VERY joyful and oh so worth it! What they should be saying is, "my kids are tired" or "when your kids are like this one just remember you'll get through it!"
ReplyDelete