Saturday, July 30, 2011

17 Years

 He loves me, you can tell 

 Sorry mom, the pictures had to make the blog too!
 Bonding time
 I think he was thrilled to have a sister don't you?
 See, I told you he loved me!


July 31- 17 years ago- God took my brother Braiden (age 10) from our family to live with him in Heaven. The way i chose to look at this is that he had a much bigger purpose to serve in Heaven.

I have never thought of it this way before until someone pointed it out to me recently, but Heavenly Father trusted my parents, Kevin and Nylene Rainey to raise one of His most prized angels on this earth for 10 years. Whatever Braiden's purpose up there was, it must of been an important one, because no one that young deserves to lose their life.  Knowing this makes me feel so much more grateful for my Mom and Dad and lucky to have them as my parents. They are the strongest,  people i know.

Braiden, not a day goes by we don't remember you. I have so much love for you as a sister and as a friend. As much as I wish you were here on this earth today, I know that I will someday get to make memories with you and cherish our friendship in Heaven which seems even better than on earth.
You wouldnt believe how time is flying. Jenson started mission papers, and will get his Eagle Scout soon, and Marlie is in Junior High where dad is the big man on campus. She's a brat, but we love her.  Time is flying. In a year or so, Huston and I will finally be finished with school. Temporarily... School is a never ending cycle. .the plan is for me to get a Master's eventually. Oh, and please give those nieces and nephews of yours up there some love and keep an eye on them for us, and tell them their mommy and daddy love them ALOT. They can decide to come to earth anytime now.. and we wont complain. :) just a little encouragement would be nice! Anyways...  I love you and i hope you are doing amazing up there. Give the gang loves for us, and know that we love you and will always remember you.

No comments:

Post a Comment