Thursday, July 21, 2011
Talents
Talents- When i think of this word, i think of a GIFT.
What GIFTS did god bless ME with persay?? Well, that is the fun part.
I think as a woman we have tendency to put ourselves down and pressure ourselves into being the perfect wife, the craftiest, the most organized, the most spiritual, etc.We trick ourselves into thinking we are not as talented as the other, or put ourselves down for not having certain gifts/talents.when really we can still DEVELOP our talents. I just read an article and one thing i liked most from that article was that it said Talents do not have to have an audience.Alot of times i ask myself, wow, if i were to go onto the show "America's Got Talent" what would i do?? Basically, i dont have many "audience" talents, but that doesnt mean i dont have any talents at all.
Truth is, some people are more patient than me, crafier than i am, definately more organized, are more photogenic, can take pictures, can manage thier time better, are musically, spiritually, and educationally more gifted than i am. However, even though i was not blessed with those amazing talents or gifts, I find comfort in knowing that i could make them my gifts by practicing or learning new things every day.
Alot of times when i think about the special talents i was given the only real thing that comes to mind is SPORTS. Yep, i was a total jock. Volleyball and Softball consumed my entire life for 4 years.However some other talents i have managed to pick up are scrapbooking, cooking/baking, teaching/coaching, babysitting, and organization. Sometimes i wander, why the heck was i blessed with those talents, I can never use them.(LIE) That is just Satan telling me I am not worth anything and wasted my time on something stupid in life. Have you ever given someone a gift that they don’t care about or won’t use? Have you ever wondered if that is how the Lord feels when we ignore the talents He has given us?
I find comfort in knowing everything has a divine purpose. Heavenly Father created me, and sent me to this earth with gifts. He sent me to this earth to learn knowlege, and to develop and grown as a human being with many talents and with many gifts. He sent me here to be a tool in his kingdom. He sent me here to be the best that i know how to be. So what if i cant play the piano, I procrastinate, and I dont cook dinner every night. Everyone is different. That is the beauty of this earth.
The Lord told Joseph Smith, “For all have not every gift given unto them; for there are many gifts, and to every man is given a gift by the Spirit of God.
“To some is given one, and to some is given another, that all may be profited thereby.” (D&C 46:11–12.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment