I have never posted this story on my blog before. Since i am not the greatest at having a journal.. I thought it would be worth a post because it makes me smile every time i think about it.
Background: Huston, my husband...is a spitting image of his father Baye. He looks just like him, I am told he even acts and sounds just like him. Huston LOVES to tell me stories about his father. He does everything he can to mimic his life after his amazing father's life. For those of you who do not know, Huston lost his father to a cancer battle about 4 years ago.
Anyways, One Sunday as we were walking to church...I hear a little jingle, jangle..I thought this noise was coming from Huston's pocket. He is giggling, but still not telling me where the noise is coming from. I still hear it, because it is not very discrete. Finally, i discovered the noise was coming from his scripture case. I grab it from him, only to feel that it was alot lighter feeling than it should have been. As i opened his case, he says to me " Please dont be mad!" ... I started laughing so hard, Huston had taken his scriptures completely out of his case, and filled it with tons of candy. He thought he was being so sneaky. .. Who needs children of their own when they have husbands right??? As we kept walking, he says to me.. "Kilie, I was just trying to be like my Dad. Dad always had candy or something sweet for us kids to have during sacrament if we were good." My reply was "Oh ya, What kids to we have to give the candy too??" LoL
I love this story and I will always laugh when i tell it to people. I wish i knew my Father in Law. What i do know, is that he is looking down at his son and thinking "That's my boy!"

haha! That's a cute story.
ReplyDelete