Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

In my married years of trying to start our family... this was my second empty Mother's day in hopes it will be the last. 


Surprisingly it was a great day. Huston rubbed my back in church even though it was his turn, and promised me a new swimsuit because it has been on the want list.

We spoke with both of our Mother's and I just wanted to shout out.....

I love my Mom:
 Last week I showed some friends a picture of my family. their response was .. YOU LOOK EXACTLY like your mom. That is something I don't think I hear very often and i was flattered. I love my mom, she is beautiful. I went on to tell them I also act and talk a lot more like my mom than i ever expected to in my life. I am so excited to see my mom in two weeks. She will be relaxing on the beach with us, along with my dad and sister. My mom is a strong lady who is more service oriented than any lady I have ever met. She would do ANYTHING for her children, or her family. She is crazy silly and always pulling pranks or jokes, and she is fun to be around. My mom is always comforting and knows whats right. She never wavers from the path. I have learned more from my mom than any classroom experience, any teacher, professor, young women's leader, Relief Society teacher, or friend. She has taught me so much about hard work, the value of education, service, taking care of myself, keeping a clean home, showing and practicing patience, and loving everyone in my path. I love you mom. Your the best! I am glad Heavenly Father gave me to you and Dad to be apart of your family. My patriarchal blessing states clearly that i should "Always honor thy father and mother, and to pattern my life after yours" I hope i always remember to do that. Miss you and cant wait to see you! :)


My mother in law/Huston's mom:
Candi has so many qualities of strength just like my mother. She just shows them differently. Candi lost her husband only a short 5 years ago, and has carried on her life in a way that is very admirable. She finished nursing school as a single mother with two children still at home. She is loving and funny. She always smiles. She has so much love to give. She begs for grandchildren. Which will someday happen. She is a good friend, and easy to talk to. She loves her SON(Huston). and created the greatest blessing I have ever been given. For that, I am forever thankful. Candi has always made me feel like family, even before I was. She treats people with the upmost kindness and shows so much patience. We love her so much and are grateful for her example. Our favorite thing about her is her laugh, and her silliness. She has a personality of her own, and is crazy funny most of the time, which makes everyone gravitate to her. If she is not at a party, it is not really a party. Candi is always the life of the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment