Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sicky

ok all u "already" mommies... any remedies to reduce nausea? ..

I feel like I'm sicky... for longer periods of time. Like all day everyday.

I have only thrown up twice, but I want to feel better. So how can i reduce this sicky?


10 comments:

  1. Eat small meals all day. If you can't do it on your own which I never can... Zofran, or the generic brand, call your doctor and ask for a prescription. Ginger, peppermint, and fennel are your natural options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zofran. That is the only thing that helps me. Also you'll get used to just being sick, it sucks but hopefully it will go away in a few weeks. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for the two of you. I haven't check blogs for alittle over a week, and look what I miss!!!!!!!!!I have to remind myself almost every day that heavenly father's in charge...and I guess he is. This is going to be so fun hearing about your experiences with pregnancy and then motherhood.

    Basically snack all day long...you will get use to feeling sick even though that's not comforting, hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones that it goes away after the first trimester. Fresh air always helped me. Even though you don't feel like doing anything, go for walks even if its up the stairs and back (dont know if you have to climb stairs). One other thing that helped me was shower when you wake up and don't wait till later. oh I remeber one more thing. Have a nap schedule, so that when you can sleep you will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously I dont have experience, but I've heard that for nausea, ginger "candy" is good for that, or maybe any other ginger-y products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS! Secondly, I didn't stop feeling sick till about 17 weeks (but they say it is worse with twins, so hopefully yours ends soon!) But the only thing that helped me was a lot of rest, sucking on jolly ranchers, and crackers. And even then I generally still felt sick :) BUT it did go away, so you will make it through! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1/2 a unisom and a vitamin b before bed, works wonders..and I was SUPER sick up until 19 weeks, boo! congrats!!!! this is such great news.. being sick is hard but enjoy your pregnancy..don't take anything for granted :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kylie I use to carry empty cups with me all the time. I hope you understand why. I had to take medicine all through pregnancy for morning sickness. Some days were worse than others. I would snack throughout the day. My cravings changed and I ate what sounded good to me. I would also drink a non-caffenine tea. Usually it was passion fruit from starbucks. That really helped my stomach. I would do the pregnancy pops, regular suckers, hard candies and jolly ranchers. Honestly whatever tasted good to me. Hang in there mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also make sure you are getting rest. There is nothing wrong with laying down and taking a nap. Also I found that keeping busy and a little bit of excersize would help take my mind off the yucky feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try having Huston bring you something, like dry toast, to eat as soon as you wake up, don't even get out of bed. This helped me with my morning sickness. Avoid acidic food. I ended up having to take a sleeping pill called Unisom..it saved me. Completely save for the baby and makes the nausea manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey congrats! morning sickness is the worst, but like everyone said eat little snacks. Also, don't drink during meals, wait a while after because it seems to make everything churn more (I had to stop eating cold cereal). Chew mint gum and don't eat anything with a strong smell :)

    ReplyDelete