Monday, June 13, 2011

Farmer's Market


The Farmer's Market comes to campus every other friday. (pay day friday)

I have officially decided, that I LOVE IT! I have been only one other time since the year and half we have been here.

This time i was able to find:

2 heads of broccoli
mushrooms
celery
Won Ton dough (ready made squares) -we made cream cheese ragoons that were great! (so cultural)
Chou Mein noodles
Sprouts (that are in Chou Mein)
2 Large tomatoes
1 very ripe pineapple
6 zucchini ( I love this stuff)
1 very large cinnamon roll-ready made (for a very hungry husband after his class)
a bag of potatoes
and
2 cucumbers

All for only $40. 

I know some of you are thinking that is expensive, but for Hawaii, its NOT! At the grocery store i would have spend twice as much on just those items.  Farmer's Market is great because produce is a FLAT rate, not "per pound." Sometimes though, the market can be hit and miss, you may not get that great of a price, however the fact i was able to this time, makes me a big fan already. We generally do not eat that much produce because it is so expensive, so this was a treat for us.

I will be utilizing this wonderful tool from NOW on. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment