Saturday, June 4, 2011

"Unique"

So i have had a few conversations lately about how unique of a place BYU-H really is.

Think about it, When will we ever again in our lives have neighbors, not just one but ALL who are all members, and who are in our ward, and who are our FRIENDS!?  I didnt realize this until i had a conversation with my cousin who was recently married. They live in a remote area and have a much older and established ward. They feel very out of place and have no "couple" friends to hang out with. She asked me, Whats your ward like?? ...

I giggled and laughed before i realized how lucky Huston and I really are to be living here in a place full of people who are all STUDENTS just like we are, and full of good friends, and everyone is in the same boat as we are. We have met the most amazing people who i know will be lifelong friends. What a great place. We are very thankful for what we are experiencing, even though i have tendency to complain about it alot, and refer to this place as the "rock." I know when its all said and done, we will both be very sad to leave this place.

Thank you to those who have truly made the "rock" feel more at home to us! We have definately developed our own little "Ohana" here in Hawaii, even though most of them have left us already, we still appreciate the friendship and love!

1 comment: