A good friend of mine does a thankful post every thursday. She calls it "Thankful Thursday"
Im a little early in the week for it to be Thursday, but just wanted to state a few things I am thankful for.
-My parents/family- My mom and dad do so much to help us out, and they do it willingly. They send us fun packages, have helped us out financially when needed, payed to fly us home, gave us our dream wedding, and have encouraged us to finish our education even if it means to do it a million miles away. I am also grateful for my siblings. Lately I have really been missing my relationship with them. I am mostly grateful that my family, is MINE forever. They are important to me because they understand me and they love me. I am grateful for thier relationships, and examples. Its amazing how much we can learn from our own families, which is why God gave us them!
-Education- I am grateful that I grew up. Ok, not literally "grew-up" but more like matured, beacuse when I was 18 years old, I hated school. I actually never wanted to go back. I always assumed after marraige we would have kids and start a new stage of life, but God had a different plan for me. I now know how important it is to be educated in today's society, and am currently extremely motivated to obtain a Master's degree. I am grateful to be here at BYU-H and have learned the value of recieving an education and pursued it. It is a big accomplishment to graduate with a college degree. Oh and PS. Huston and I are "hopefully" crossing our fingers...if everything goes as planned this last year of school, and we dont lose our grants...we just may be.. graduating DEBT free, which is an even bigger accomplishment.
FYI graduation is actually marked on a calender. December 15, 2012
Husband- I know, I know.. the cliche answer, but seriously how could one not be eternally greatful for the best friend they ever had? The most amazing, kind, patient, caring, supportive, and handsome person I have ever known? Its true. I am greatful to be blessed with such a wonderful spouse. He is funny, wakes up happy every morning, is patient with me, keeps us on our toes, thinks that the world is going to end if you spend a penny, adventurous, and loving. I have loved getting to know him more and more, and watching our lives change each year we are married. I am mostly grateful for his virtue of patience, one that I do not posess. He balances me out, thats for sure. I am also grateful for all the time we get to spend together, and how he always puts me first on his schedule. This weekend he had two HUGE tests. He was really stressed, but I really needed time to spend with him because we both had busy weeks and barely saw each and it is important to me that we get TIME together. In fact, that is my love language. Quality Time. If you have not read the 5 Languages of Love, I highly recommend it. It helped us understand each other 100 times better. Anyways, Huston planned out his tests perfectly so that he could spend time with me. Instead of taking both of them Friday and not seeing me at all that day or night, he only focused on one test friday, and took the other on Saturday. He even got up early Saturday morning instead of sleeping in, before he had to go to work..to work on his test. All so that, WE could have another evening together. End result- 2 weekend evenings together, and Best Husband Ever award goes to Huston. I am grateful for him, and the effort he gives our marraige. Its always 110%.
a Job- I complain about my job more than I should because it is really hard to WORK while being in school. I am grateful for my job. Even though I have to work on the Sabbath, my job has provided for our family and been more than understanding with my school schedule changes each semester. It pays exactly enough for us to support ourselves and is perfect for me. I am also more than grateful for my husband's job. We never actually see a real paycheck, but physically live in a perfect little apartment for free because of his job, and that is a major blessing.
Free Time- For the first time in two years.. Huston and my schedules are just the ooposite of each other. Which means less time together. Its unfortunate, but I have taken that free time lately to do alot of things. I am learning that I actually love this time that I have to myself each evening, and I look forward to it. Lately my vice has been crafting, but thats not always feasable so I read, play loud music, catch up on my shows that Huston hates to watch, do some homework, bake or cook more often, maybe even exercise, or blog, usually blogging wins that battle though. Needless to say its been fun to have a little time to myself and really do what I want to do. Not that Huston never does those things with me, but i am just enjoying the free time I have had lately. Its nice to feel like I was able to get something done, ya know? that Accomplished feeling? even if it is for recreational purposes!
-I think right now... thats enough content to read and grattitude. But seriously...
Count your many blessings!! See how much better it makes you feel :)
No comments:
Post a Comment