Thursday, October 13, 2011

answered prayers

Ok... I know god answers prayers.. He does. or at least he knows exactly how to tell me he loves me.

While Huston was at work, i was at home alone. alone and left to think about everything and how sad i really was. You know.. if your mind is not actively engaged it wanders to places you don't want it to.

I hated sitting there alone. I got anxious but didn't want to do anything. I kept looking at my phone thinking maybe someone would call me or text me or maybe i should be proactive and call someone. And...

not long after i looked at my phone someone knocked at my door.

Someone who makes Hawaii home. Someone who has made me feel welcome here and loved and like we belong here. Someone who is always positive and such a good example to me, someone who gives me all her recipes because she has been married for almost 5 years, and someone who means the world to me.

She handed me a bag with a  smile and a hug.

That bag contained:

-Gum- to remind me to stick to it

-A small smooth stone- to remind me that the rough times help refine and polish us

-Popcorn- to remind me that i am always popping into her thoughts

-Love Spell(victoria secret spray)- to remind me to take time to enjoy the act of love and romance and forget about everything else

-Hand soap- because it smells yummy and washes away all the bad junk

-and a safety pin- so I can hold it all together

She titled it Kilie's happy kit and left me the best LOVE NOTE!! I love and am so grateful for my amazing friend who listened to the little voice inside her head that said she needed to come and visit me.

God sent me an angel today! :) It was my dear friend and that was the most thoughtful most creative thing she could of ever done. Thank you kind friend!

3 comments:

  1. I could not believe when I read this.. Earlier this week I decided to make the girl who makes me feel like home here a teacher survival kit (Shes student teaching right now) because I had a feeling se was so stressed and some of the things I put in it were a safety pin popcorn and gum with similar sayings.. I sort of forget that heavenly father nudges us to do these things because others need a little reminder they're loved. We all need reminded once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kilie,
    I know we don’t know each other, but I felt like I needed to comment and hope that you can find some comfort in what I have to say. I am sorry that this personal private comment for you is coming through a public blog post, but I couldn’t find your email address on your blog. I stumbled upon your blog awhile ago when trying to find out more about BYUH life; my husband and I will be starting there next semester. I promise I am not some weird creepy stalker person. I have truly enjoyed reading your blog and have found that I can relate to so many of the things you write about it and am relieved to get an idea of how life/classes (I’m a social work major,too) will be there. My heart has felt for you as you have written about your struggles of not being able to get pregnant. Not too long ago after over a year of trying I finally got pregnant and shortly after finding out I had emergency surgery and we lost our baby. After surgery because of complication discovered during surgery we were told we could no longer have children. Kilie, I understand the pain that you are going through. One minute you are comforted by the Spirit and then the next minute there are the thoughts that creep in that can bring despair and hopelessness. I also understand how bad it hurts to continually see a negative sign on a prego stick or to get that monthly visitor. Please know that in NO way am I saying you are infertile. There are many people who for some reason or another besides being infertile take a long time to get pregnant. Taking a long time to get pregnant does not mean one is infertile. I hope you know you are not alone. I know that it can seem like it especially being at an LDS school and you are probably in a young student married ward where it seems like everyone is pregnant. You will learn and grow so much from this trial. You will learn more about who you are, you will become closer to God, you will grow spiritually, and you and your husband will strengthen your marriage through this. When you do get pregnant, you will look back and remember the things in which this trial taught you and the fact that you have expressed what you have been going through on your blog has probably helped more people than you know. I have found it a lot easier to deal with this talking to people who are going through the same thing, so if you ever want to talk feel free to email me and I can give you my #. If it is weird, I get it, but if you want to know more of my story my blog is jakeandlana.blogspot.com and on the right side of the page there is a link called “our story” and my email is jakeandlana@gmail.com. Stay strong and you will be in my prayers. -Lana

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW I love it and I love you. XO

    ReplyDelete