Aloha from the "Rock"
We just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving holiday.
We sure enjoyed our day. We spent the day with our ward family and friends. It was a very home-like feel and we could feel the gratitude of everyone as we enjoyed good food and each others company. Huston deep fried 9 turkeys with our bishop and I made 2 large trays of potatoes, stuffing and rice. Totalling out at 6 full foil trays of wonderful meals. I also made my own pies. That was a first for me!
(6 of the turkey's defrosting in our bath tub)
Thanksgiving is sure not the same without all of our surrounding families but we still made sure to enjoy the day.
I remember last year having a terrible attitude because i was "homesick" and stuck on this rock. I cried a lot and had to work as well. Huston did our whole feast last year solo. He is the man. We had a quaint little thanksgiving with friends last year which was still enjoyable but I will definitely say that this year was better for me only because i think i have grown up a lot. I had a positive outlook and truly was able to appreciate everything that we have to celebrate!!
Only one more Thanksgiving on the rock without our families.



No comments:
Post a Comment