Today we are grateful for the sabbath day.
It has been a long time since we have been able to spend one together because I have to work on Sunday's usually.
Usually Sunday consists of work from 7am-1pm and then church from 2pm-5pm and then dinner and practically time for bed. It never truly feels like its a "real" sabbath.
However, this Sunday was our stake conference session at 10am, and I called into work "Sick". It was amazing to get to sleep-in, relax, have breakfast together, attend meetings, and talk to our families, watch the old fashioned Johnny Lingo, eat dinner with friends, attend a fireside.
The day was so different and SLOW. I loved that it was slow because it usually feels just like any other day.
So today we are grateful for the Sabbath day and for the principle it entails in our lives. It is such a gift that the Lord has given us to be able to have one day a week to slow down our lives, and to learn more about our Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment