Last night I was able to borrow a friends sewing machine to lengthen my dress. Useful right? pre-sewing class I never would of had the confidence to do that on my own.
I also decided to make these cute flowers to spruce it up a bit.
This dress is too short. I wore it as my "Easter" dress, but with leggings and I just didnt think it was that cute with them.
So...
I took a sheet. two sheets. On old white, and an old yellow one and im going to make 3 ruffles at the bottom. I am not finished, however I think it will turn out really cute. Just use your imagination. Its going to give the dress some much needed length.
Why you ask am I trying to lengthen this dress?
Because my sweet husband has kindly asked me to be his date at the fall ball this Saturday, and I was without anything to wear. Im so excited to dance with my husband! :)
Ill post some after pictures. Dont you worry.

I am so proud of your sewing skills and how you are putting them to use! I think refurbishing clothing will serve you well now and in the future. I love to make something new out of something old, using imagination and developing new skills, and being a good steward of your resources! Way to go, girl!
ReplyDelete