Today I am THANKFUL for a husband who helps around the house. Huston has finally learned that sometimes, a girl is grumpy when she comes home to a dirty house. lol
He is a great help. From the beginning of our marraige we have never had set "chores or roles" because we didnt want to get too caught up in the role of a man and the role of a woman in the house. We are both able to help each other out, so if we are able to do so, then why not??
Our rule of thumb has always kind of been whoever is less busy for the day, or the week can handle a little bit of housework too.
Generally we both end up doing a really good job, but sometimes we get stubborn and both feel like we have DONE enough (mostly dishes).
Today I am grateful for a husband who is willing to help me out. I cant count on my fingers how many times I have come home from work or school to a clean house. One that is vacuumed, bed made, and dishes are done. He has also taken on the responsibility as our laundry man, and I really appreciate that. His office for work is next door to our laundromat so it works out nicely, but I mostly just appreciate that he usually takes it down to work and has it all done before I even know it.
And one more thing.. Our car always has gas in it. He knows the mornings I go to work, and he always makes sure that there is enough gas in the car. If it is low, he will fill up beforehand knowing that I have to drive to work the next day.
I know that someday our roles will change, but for now when we are both in school and working part time and home about the same amount of time, I am grateful for him and all the hard work that he does for us and the help that he is to me around the house.
He is great to me. Im lucky to have married such a patient, hardworking man.
No comments:
Post a Comment