Thursday, November 3, 2011

Proud Big Sister

My mom sent me the funnest text last night.

It said....

" Marlie is trying out for the softball team, and we just pulled out your bat bag. She is using everything. She is so excited for try-outs! If she makes the team she wants to be #14 (my old number)! Hows that for being a big sister?"

Yep, it sounds silly but that made my day. I have been waiting for the day that one of my siblings shares my talents. I lost all hope when my sister said she had no interest in pursueing volleyball. Although I do find it really cool that my brother is quite musical because that is a talent I have always wished to develop. Anyways, I hope my sister makes the team and likes Softball. Its such a fun sport, I just wish that I was still at home to get to coach her.

On another note my little brother.... yes little brother.... is going through the temple this saturday. I am devastated that I cannot be there, But I thought he should know how proud I am of him. He is going to be the most amazing missionary for the gospel. He has such a strong desire to serve the Lord and is such an example of obedience. I never would of thought my brother would be going through the temple just 2 short years after me, and in terms of understanding the concept, I still dont. It will be fun to get to attend a session with him before he leaves, and answer some of his questions if I can. I hope he learns of the importance of this building and can find the same kind of peace there that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment