1. Surfing- Really enjoyed a couple surf sessions this weekend. I haven't surfed in almost two years. It was a blast.
2. My first BLACK FRIDAY. Alysha is a trooper and we had a blast shopping all day together. We left at 5am and there were still LONG lines. All in all, it was fun. Maybe next year we will brave the midnight lines.
3. Our first Kahuku football game. It was the State Championship. I used to think small town ball was big time in Arizona, but that was an understatement. Almost the ENTIRE Aloha stadium was full of islanders. It was the craziest thing I have ever experienced. Kahuku (our small community we live in) won the game! There were people honking and celebrating all the way home from town. A whole hour away. Honking and celebrating in the community lasted till about 2-3am. These people are serious about their football and welcoming the bus back home!
4. Our first Christmas Tree.
Finances are kind of tight because i quit my job. Yep. I quit my job. Long story for another day.
But Saturday was our friends birthday and we went Christmas tree shopping with them. We went to just help them pick out a cool tree initially until we found small 3-5 ft fir's for only $20. My husband said no about a million times, but surprised me in the end and said to pick one out! I almost started crying I was so excited. Needless to say, we have our first real christmas tree. I am so my mothers child!!! Its little, but it smells amazing and sure is cute. I am married to the best man. Besides, this is our last christmas on the island, we had to do something memorable. Also, if working at a tree lot was a career, it would be mine. I love the smell of pine. Its amazing!
5. Homemade wreaths- Alysha and I stole all the extra clippings from when we got our tree to make our own wreaths. I like how Alysha's turned out better than mine, but maybe when I get a chance to buy a bow I will like mine a little better.
6. My first thanksgiving pies- They were super yummy. i made two pumpkin pies and 1 apple pie. It was easier than I thought and a lot of fun. Im glad i decided to do it. I got a small feeling of accomplishment and felt very domesticated.
7. Crab Hunt and Roast-
We have always wanted to go crab hunting and just never done it. NOw we have! we also made a fire and roasted them. It was gross, but if we were trapped on an island i guess i could live with it. HaHa. We had a good time!!


















Oh my goodness you are too cute! I love being able to see what you guys are up to over there. It looks like you are having the time of your lives!! So jealous of your little Christmas tree!
ReplyDelete