Saturday, November 5, 2011

November 5

Today we are grateful to be able to live in paradise while receiving an education. Even though i refer to it as "the rock" sometimes, I truly do love it here. It is breathtakingly beautiful and amazing to live in such a culturally diverse place. I have never encountered so many different people from different places and all have different stories. Some of these people sacrifice everything they have to become educated and then take back what they learn to thier home countries and become vital leaders that we need. I love the motto of the school "Enter to Learn, and Go forth to serve."  That simple statement has so much meaning.

Anyway, we are grateful to live in such a beautiful place and be able to recieve an education at the same time.  Hawaii truly is beautiful and breathtaking. How did we get so lucky? ( PS. 2 years ago, when my husband put me on a plane and moved me out here, I did not feel the same.) I guess this ol' rock has really grown on me. We have made it our home, and we will never forget starting our lives in Hawaii. Its our 3 year long Honeymoon. We actually kind of dread starting "real life" someday.









1 comment:

  1. seriously i need to find a man to put me on a plane to hawaii!! I had a dream this morning that I surprised you all and came back and I checked in on facebook as saying its good to be back and when I woke up this morning I really thought I was there and that my facebook status was that and hurried on to double check.... yeah i'm homesick.

    ReplyDelete