Monday, August 8, 2011

Girls Night Out


Thursday Night we had a Relief Society activity. I was unsure if it would be fun or not because the last one we had only 6 ladies showed up, and for the planner of the event, that is a little disappointing. So i was a little nervous, however as soon as that time rolled around about 20-25 sisters showed up.

It was so exciting and the perfect mid-week activity. it was nice to get out of the "shoe box"(Thats my new word for our house) and enjoy sometime with the ladies. Love my husband but there is nothin like spending a little time with girlfriends. We ate pizza, popcorn, and fruit pizza while enjoying the movie "ps. i love you".

We played a friendship game, where we learned that one sister in the ward's new married initials are "KKK" and that another sister in the ward had gotten engaged before ever holding the guys hand or having a physical relationship. We had a good laugh and i could feel us all getting to know each other better. Another sister shared with us a few quotes on the importance of friendship and being god's angel's here on earth. It is true, my friends are angels, and it made me feel extremely blessed for the people I have met out here. It is such a unique place.

During the movie, which i had not seen in a very long time- I realized how grateful i am for the husband that i have, and that i could not imagine my life without him. If he were to die tomorrow, I do not know what i would do with my life.

anywho... the point of this post, was to to tell you I really enjoyed getting to know some of the women in my ward, and also having a little girl time. It needs to happen more often!


No comments:

Post a Comment