Sunday, August 14, 2011

Testimony

Last Sunday was fast sunday. I really wanted to bear my testimony but i always get SO nervous.

So i thought I would just do it here. :) And share it with all of you.

First of all, I am so grateful! My heart is full of gratitude towards my Heavenly Father. A few things I have truly learned lately is that he knows me better than anyone else. There is a reason I am here on this rock, away from all of my family, and back in school. He has his ways, and quite clearly his plans for me are different from my own. This is sometimes really hard to keep in mind, but he reminds me all the time through his small blessings. Heavenly Father gives me exactly what i need because he knows when I will need it. Like for instance, a note from a friend, my husband cleaning the house, a girls night out with the relief society, class discussions which are much needed...etc. I can count multiple times in the past month that Heavenly Father has shown me he loves me. It seems to always come at a time i need it the most too.




I was able to attend a co-worker of mine's baptism last week, and it was really special. It has been a long time since i had been to an actual baptism, and i loved the strong spirit that was there, as well as being reminded of that simple covenant i made when i was so young. I love being reminded that we were washed clean, and sin free. Initially we do the same thing every Sunday when we partake of the sacrament which is it's up-most importance. I LOVED being reminded of this. I think sometimes we get too caught up in the swing of things in our lives to remember that we are actually starting with a clean slate on Sunday's after we partake of the sacrament.

My heart is just so full. Sunday July 31st marks 17 years ago that I lost my big brother. 17 years ago I used to pester the crap out of him, and he probably didnt have much love for his younger sister, however that sunday i felt nothing but  love from my big brother. Heavenly Father blessed me with some beautiful memories,and I was able to spend most of the day in reverance thinking about my family and my brother. The veil is so thin. Often times i wander how thin it really is, because there have been multiple times in my life where i have witnessed angels supporting me and guiding me. It is a presence i can feel stronger than anything i have ever felt. I know that my brother looks out for me. I know that he knows we are ready to start our family, and he looks after his little neices and nephews up there. That is comforting to know, because i think i get caught up in being so impatient sometimes, however when i think about the eternal perspective, maybe my children just need more time with thier Father in Heaven. Maybe it is them who are not ready for earth, rather than us not ready to be parents. It is such an interesting trial, but once again...im learning Patience. Funny, because i think im pretty pro at that virtue already... I feel like alot has happened in my life for me to have to practice patience. Lets try another virture...haha ...ok ok, I will have to be more careful with what i say.

I know that the priesthood is a restored power here on this earth. I have witnessed many blessings because of it. Im grateful for my Father, and my husband who honor thier priesthood duties and who are willing to listen to the spirit with guidance.

I love the temple, and the oppurtunity i have had to attend more and more since it has re-opened. Huston and I have been able to complete some of our own family temple work, and take our own names to the temple. We set a goal when we first got married that we would attend twice a month, and I am very proud to say that since the temple here has re-opened in November we have been able to complete this goal each month. Every time we go, we feel comfort and strength. I love to listening to the words of the session and be reminded of all of the covenants we make. I also love performing other ordinances and just listening to the prayers. They are amazing words, with such a delecate spirit to them. I thank Heavenly Father for this wonderful santuary he has provided the saints with. It truly is "Heaven" on earth. I am in tears almost every time i enter the Celestial room.




I am grateful for the good examples and the friends "angels" Heavenly Father has provided us/me with. They motivate me to make better choices, and they are enjoyable people. We have some friends who have started a "scripture study" blog, and i enjoy reading it, because it helps me to see what other people are getting out of the scriptures as well, and it also makes me motivated to study as well. I also have another friend of a different faith who posts on her blog every day using some sort of scriptural reference and she applies to her life. She is always so happy, and her happiness radiates because of the light of Christ. If those arent motivation./good examples/ angels sent to me then i  guess i dont know what an angel is, because we truly have the best people in our lives and we are so grateful for them. Recently Huston and I have made a goal to give everyone we know the benefit of the doubt, and stop "gossiping" or speaking unkind words about anyone. It has truly helped us, we have grown to love the people around us so much more. It has been a good goal, not easy to accomplish because we are human, but a good goal for us to set together and help each other with.

I LOVE my Heavenly Father. He knows the intentions of my heart, he knows my weaknesses, my trials, my shortcomings. He knows them because he has experienced every single one of them. He has a PLAN just for me.  Thats right, an individual plan FOR ME. He is constantly reminding me of that, and I am grateful to him. I am also very grateful for the Holy Ghost and its companionship to help me make the right choices and guide me in the right direction.

I say these things, in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment