Monday, August 8, 2011

Santa Clause

Last week- I had to write and essay/memory about a "dis-illusionment" which means- a lie that you believed, or something that turned out not to be what you were expecting.

Can you guess what i wrote about?



Ya, confession- I Kilie Jaccy Rainey Farnsworth actually believed in Santa Clause until i was almost 13 years old.

Talk about dis-illusionment. It never occurred to me that my own parents would lie to me.

They put a lot of effort into those lies- how was i even supposed to be curious? I loved Santa Clause and the idea of him.

Anyways, we had to read the essay out loud to a group, and much to my surprise my group laughed at me. .....Hello- thats not funny. I was a heartbroken child. Thirteen years old?? Thats a lot invested in one "idea" of a Merry Man who delivers presents on Christmas Eve.

Oh well at least maybe ill get a good grade on my essay if my teacher is amused right?

1 comment:

  1. Luckily I had a mean older sister to spoil this one for me! haha

    ReplyDelete