Monday, August 1, 2011

I Miss my Sewing Machine....

My mom will appreciate this post because her and my dad think that i never use the machine they bought me for my 8th grade graduation. Yep, 8th grade!

Well truth is.. I did use it. Just not super often. And now.. I want it back. We will reunite soon.

In the meantime, I am going to be taking a sewing class Fall Semester. I cant wait to touch up my skills. I am so looking forward to this class for a few reasons.

1. I will feel crafty
2. I love to sew
3. I will get to indulge in projects i have been wanting to do FOREVER
4. and Huston cant argue with the fact that i will have to indulge on some supplies as well ...because its for SCHOOL. Its like buying a textbook, only much more useful. and less expensive! WOOP WOOP!!
5. Did i mention its a great and useful skill to have?

I have a few projects in mind, like

This- I need to make 3 of them for co-workers and friends who just popped out girls.


**For those of my friends who just had boys- im working on it. Girls are just so much cuter and fun to craft for.


This- for myself because i need to indulge in some sort of style and feel cute. Its a feminine thing.
**The picture is of a baby skirt, but i can definitely make it for a adult



This- for those old dresses that are too short (before the wearing of garments)

And this- Because its freakin cute.

I want Fall to be here quick. Im pretty excited for this class. In the meantime, ill sit through 5 hours straight of English and History. Lame. 

3 comments:

  1. I'll see you in class! ;) I'm taking it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I wish I had some sort of sewing skill- I took home ec and bribed a girl to sew everything for me. Plus Riley got all that talent!

    ReplyDelete